RS232 to RS485 Converter Mini and Port-powered and Opto-Isolated
1. Interface characteristic: compatible with the standards of
RS-232C and RS-485 issued by EIA/TIA.
2. Electric interface: DB9 female connector for RS-232 interface
input end, RJ-45 and 4PIN connector for RS-485 interface output
3. Protection grade: ±15KV ESD protection for RS-232 interface, and
600W surge protection each line for RS-485 interfaces.
4. Isolation degree: isolation voltage 2500Vrms 500DC non-stop.
5. Operation mode: asynchronous half duplex or asynchronous full
6. Signal indication: 3 pilot lamps for Power (PWR), Send (TXD) and
7. Transmission media: twisted pair cable or shielded cable.
8. Transmission rate: 115.2K BPS to 300M, 38.4K BPS to 2.4KM and
9,600 BPS to 5KM.
9. Dimensions: 63mm×33mm×17mm.
10. Working circumstance: -25℃to 70℃, relative humidity 5%-95%.
11. Transmission distance: 0-1,200meters (115,200bps-9,600bps).
Compatible with the Recommended Standards of RS-232C, RS-485,
UT-2017 photoelectric isolation interface converter can convert the
single-ended RS-232 signal into balance differenced RS-485 signal.
The built-inphotoelectric isolator can provide an isolation voltage
of as high as 2500Vrms. Also, there is a rapid transient voltage
suppression protector for protection of RS-485 interface with
advanced TVS(TRANSIENT VOLTAGE SUPPRESSOR) technology adopted.
Under normal conditions, the TVS tube is in the state of high
resistance. However, when both ends of the TVS tube are hit by a
transient high energy,the impedance at both ends can be depressed
by the TVS at a very high speed,and after absorbing a high current,
the voltage between the two ends is suppressed and kept at a
pre-set value, therefore no damage is caused to the electrical
components behind by the transient high voltage impact. The
protector can effectively restrain lightning or ESD (electro static
discharge) with a protection voltage of 600W on each line for
lightning surge and surge voltage or transient over voltage
possibly caused up by various reasons, and at thesame time, a
high-speed transmission of RS-485 interface is ensured by the tiny
capacitance between the poles. Through a DB9 female connector
RS-232 interface is connected to other interfaces compatible with
RS-232C standard, and for RS-485 interfaces RJ-45 and 4PIN
connector is to be used for connection.
The unique I/O circuit of the internal zero delay auto transceiver
contained in the converter controls the data stream direction
automatically without any handshaking signal (for example RTS, DTR
etc). The converter is plug-and-play without any jumper settings
needed for mode shift between full duplex half duplex (RS-485).
Connector and signal
RS-232C bay-line distribution
RS-232C Interface signal
Receive data SIN(RXD)
Send data SOUT (TXD)
Data terminal ready DTR
Ground signal GND
Data setting ready DSR
Request send RTS
Clear send CTS
Ring indication RI
RS-485 output signal and connector end bay-line distribution
RJ-45 bay-line distribution